NAVIGATE THIS SITE:

Friday, December 12, 2014

It's Been a While...

I never quit training, but I did quit blogging. I'm ready to pick it back up, as once again my goals have changed. 

It all started when I ran the JP Morgan Corporate Challenge race. I didn't train for it, other than one run to make sure I could still run 3.5 miles at a shot. Being in a pack of runners (and not performing too badly) contributed to that competition bug returning.  

Two months later, I saw a flyer for a 5k almost literally right in my back yard.  I entered and loved it. Soon after that, I began running once a week with the group that meets at Fleet Feet Sports. It's about 4 miles each time. In the beginning, I would get left behind.  I wasn't as fast as the fastest runners, and yet I was faster than the slowest. So I typically ran alone during the group run. I keep up better now. 

Those 4 mile runs prepared me enough to enter the Webster Turkey Trot this year. And THAT is where the running bug fully returned. I ran negative splits and had a great 4th mile. It didn't hurt that it had a big downhill. 

I'm now starting a Faster 5K training program. It's my first winter running in a real winter...cold, snow, ice...and so far I love it. 

No comments: